Thursday, October 30, 2008

Glenn Beck




So this post is mainly for Jordan. Over the summer in his free time, he started watching a lot of Glenn Beck's show in the evening. It started with his recent obsession with CNN, the economy, the election, everything! I had no idea this side of Jordan even existed! It has been good for me too though, he educates me. :) So we found out Glenn was coming to UVU for a program because BYU was awarding him the first Pioneer in Leadership award. (Why the program wasn't actually held at BYU I don't know). Jordan really wanted to go but I was kind of dragging my feet...I can only handle so much political talk and I'm getting maxed out! Jordan's wonderful cousin Shandi called us the week of the program and said she got extra tickets and wanted us to come.

Now I have seen Glenn's show quite a bit but never really paid close attention. I have to say that I was very impressed. The speech was on "The Power of Choice." He is really entertaining and quite a crowd pleaser, the audience was just laughing through most of it. But what really impressed me was the 2nd half of his talk. He spoke about his concern for our country and for the citizens with such genuine concern. He got pretty choked up while he spoke about 9/11, John Huntsman Sr. and about the old America and it's unity. I was really moved by how sincere and heartfelt he was, it was really good. I came away really agreeing with Jordan, Glenn is a good guy. If you every have the chance to catch his show or go to one of his programs, it would be worth your time. He is actually going to be coming to SLC touring "The Christmas Sweater" and here is the link for more info http://www.glennbeck.com/content/events/. We are going to try to go, so if anyone wants to join us, let me know! So thanks to Jord and Shandi for the fun night and the experience! Love you both!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love Glenn Beck most of the time!!! I am trying to convice my hubby that we should go to his Christmas show. :)

Torey said...

Both my husband and my mother are HUGE Glenn Beck fans. Unfortunately we missed the show while he was in Phoenix but I'm hoping he'll come around again some time soon.

Rach Wood said...

Looks like I just moved across the street from your sister! Her kids are adorable! I cant imagine being pregnant with twins! One ADD baby movements inside me is enough!!

Jordan said...

You're the best wife ever!