Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Celine Dion


As some of you may know, Celine Dion is my all time favorite singer. I have many of her CDs both in English and French and I just love them all. Jordan took me to her concert in Las Vegas and it was incredible. If it was still there I would go see it again! So I was really excited at the beginning of the year when she announced her world tour for her new CD and was going to come to Salt Lake. I convinced my two sisters to come with me for a girls night out and we have been looking forward to it all year. Then this past week we got a call saying the concert has been postponed from this Friday to Feb. 22nd, which is a Sunday. I was still willing to go but those sisters of mine decided it wasn't worth breaking the Sabbath, I guess they have to set a good example for their kids. ;) So we now have to send our tickets back for a refund and who knows if she'll ever do a concert here again, doubtful since I'm pretty sure she's winding down to try to have more babies after this tour. Looks like our fun-filled girls night is falling apart, but at least we have Twilight to look forward to. If that isn't perfect for a girls night out I don't know what is!

5 comments:

Beckey said...

Jana, I like Celine Dion as well but the funny thing is...here in Canada...nobody likes here. They all make fun of her... sad huh? She was supposed to perform here in Halifax last August and there was this DJ on the radio who said a rude remark about her coming on the air and the next day. We wouldn't have been here anyway to see here (we were in Utah then) but I would love to see her someday! Hope she'll come to SLC again for ya!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll be able to meet her because you're such a good example. I'm sad were not visiting teaching companions!

Branden and Melissa said...

I love Celine Dion too! I actually think you are the one who got me hooked like 15 years ago! My mom was supposed to be going to that concert too! She was upset that she moved the date too. Well that's too bad. How are ya otherwise? I'm in Utah now until Dec 2nd just chillin with family while my hubby is at training in Cali. Anyways talk to ya later!

Anonymous said...

I forgot you spoke French. Celine Dion is such a beautiful singer. I'm sorry that she postponed... that's lame! I think you should write a formal letter! :-)

amy said...

I had tickets too! I was so bummed!!!! What was she thinking to move it to a Sunday? We're mormons here in UTAH!!! :)