Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Jordan and I have officially been married for two years! Monday, the 6th, was the official date and I can't believe it's already been that long. At the same time it seems like we've always been us. So Jordan sent me these beautiful red roses to my work, which are my favorite. I got to leave them there on my desk all week since I am there more than I am home, and I received many wonderful compliments from our many patients. Now they all know what an awesome husband I have!

To celebrate our anniversary, I had booked a room at a resort in Park City for us to just spend a night away from the norm. We didn't get to stay long, but it was nice to get away and spend some real quality time, which is hard to come by these days for us. Friday night we went out to this pizza place in downtown Park City. We were very impressed, and highly recommend it. It was however starting to get very cold and I was not completely prepared so we didn't walk around much!

Saturday morning we look out the window...and here we are! We knew there was a good chance of this happening, so we weren't totally shocked but I still couldn't believe how much was sticking to the ground! I'm just grateful this didn't happen the year we were married, I would have been so upset. But we actually kind of enjoyed it since that's the tone in Park City, we felt like it was appropriate.



After we checked out we got to spend some time shopping in the outlet mall, where neither of us have been. It was a little chilly walking between stores, but not too bad. We found some pretty good deals, but a lot that we had to pass up! I think that's how it goes for me with every shopping trip though...Jordan was really good about letting me still get some things I wanted, such a good guy. But he knew what he was marrying so I guess it's his own fault! So it was a very succesful trip for us, a way to escape and really enjoy ourselves! Happy Anniversary to us, I hope this year is just as good as the last two, and hopefully even better!

11 comments:

Christina and Ryan said...

Your celebration sounds like a lot of fun. Ryan and I went to the outlets yesterday too! I'm sad that we didn't bump into you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary! Park City sounds like so much fun! McKay and I went to that pizza place, it was really good and crowded. We went during the Sundance Film Festival. I love the outlets! I can't wait to see what you got at church.

Beckey said...

Hope you guys had a great anniversary! Beautiful roses by the way!

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Congratulations on your two year anniversary! I love getting flowers - it is the best. What a good husband you have.

McKenzie Ann said...

wow. so I just barely just saw that you had a blog. I saw you commented on ba's blog. Haha. I will add a link. Crazy

Erin and Corey said...

Ooh, those flowers are beautiful! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a good time in Park City. I can't believe it's already snowing... dang. Corey and I are headed up to Park City this weekend to take advantage of a hotel gift card. Any recommendations on food?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so fun. I can't believe you guys got snow this early. My husband's family got over 2 ft. in Idaho. Unreal. If you ever need to come down to Houston to get away from the cold, you do have a place to stay. I'm serious about that.

amy said...

Congrats on 2 years! Are you serious though? I swear that you've only been married one. Time flies!!!

Torey said...

Hi Jordan and Jana! I found your blog through a complicated series of Facebook and other blog chains. Tanner was convinced that Jordan was the author of your blog until I explained to him that women pretty much dominate the blog world. Anway, glad to hear that things are going well. You can check out our "exciting" life at http://ttryons.blogspot.com/

Greg + Kristin said...

Jana Congrats on 2 years! It's only been two months for me...so 2 years is awesome!! I've loved looking at your blog..it's so cute!! Well, I tagged you, so check out my blog to see it! Hope everything is going great for you two!!!