Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another getaway...

Jordan, Ryan, Lauren and I headed down for some warmth this past weekend! It actually didn't end up as warm as I'd hoped but it was sure warmer than Provo! We planned to meet up with Jordan's parents and Uncle Mike in Las Vegas, the boys were all headed to the Nascar Race. While that sounded VERY intriguing to us girls, we decided to pass...

On the way down to Vegas we stayed a night with Grandma-ma in sunny St. George. She was at their house alone that week while Grandpa was taking care of some things up North. She was kind enough to put us up and show us a few things around town.

All of us checkin out the view


We were supposed to go do a session at the St. George temple, unfortunately Grandma realized her temple recommend had expired last month. We decided to still stop by and see the temple, Jordan had never seen it up close before, it was beautiful!

Jordan, me, Ryan and Lauren

St. George Temple

Me and Lauren


Lauren, Ryan, Grandma, Jordan and Me

After the temple, we headed to Cafe Rio and then headed to Vegas. Once we met up with the rest of the fam we grabbed some necessary In-n-Out burgers and hung out on the strip. I don't know what was up this weekend, but that place seemed even crazier than usual! So we stuck to the more "clean" fun around town, including M&M World where we saw this car, in honor of the big race!


On Saturday the boys headed here to the track:


They did a lot of this. The race took a lot longer than we anticipated because there were a lot of yellow flags, but they boys really enjoyed themselves. They actually went to the Saturday race, not the big Sunday one. They definitely got some sun, which we sadly don't have pictures of.


While the boys were gone, Lauren, Michelle and I just shopped around and proudly spent hardly any money! I was quite proud of myself. I usually use vacations as an excuse to buy whatever I feel like. But my big treat this time was a little bit of this:

Now, for some background, I was first introduced to this restaurant when I lived in Virginia. A lady in our ward once referred to it as "a celestial experience." Now, we first thought that might be a little over the top, but that was before we had experienced the divinity that is this food. Utah, being the lame state that it is sometimes, does NOT have a Maggiano's. So whenever we are in Vegas I make Jordan take me. It was a huge success this trip, as always!
Us girls also decided to treat ourselves to a show of our own. We tried to get some good discount tickets from one of the kiosks out on the strip but we weren't having much luck. We ended up just heading over to the Ventian where the concierge helped us get some awesome seats to see Phantom of the Opera that night. I have seen Phantom once in NY, but it was a standing ticket and not quite the same. So I was really excited to really experience it the way it should be. The theater was beautiful and the cast was excellent. We were very pleased. I've been singing the songs in my head for days now.

We grundgingly headed back home on Sunday. It was a pretty quick getaway but we all throughly enjoyed ourselves. It's been a little rough getting back into the daily grind, but I guess that's just the way vacations go.

3 comments:

The Gardners said...

Wow it looks like you guys had a blast! I will definitely have to try that restaurant! You will have to tell me all about it. : )

Mary Ann said...

Looks like fun; we miss you guys! And sun...I don't think winter is ever going to end!

the hills said...

jana bee! you travel savvy girl you! how is it that you're always going on trips? speaking of which, can we hammer down the specs on texas already? i'm getting antsy! oh & there is a maggiano's less than a mile from our new apt. aust says we have to go there in memory of you. :) maybe we should do texas next year & you guys come here this time. no? :) ps. lauren looks gorgamous!