Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My idea of a perfect date...

Happy Valentine's Day
I've noticed a lot of people posting about their Valentine's dates, so I thought I'd go along with the trend. We decided (I guess it was more I decided) that we'd do a daytime date instead of the traditional evening date. I hate waiting around at restaurants forever and having to go to movies that are sold out. I have been wanting to see "He's Just Not That Into You" forever! It opened the day before my birthday and I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to go see it, but alas, we were doing wedding festivities for my birthday instead. So I made Jordan promise me we could see it for Valentine's. He held true to his word and we made it to the first matinee showing on Saturday morning. How's that for ambitious? It was nice to have a small crowd in the theater and get the early-bird special. So I had really high expectations for this film and I was so pleased! It wasn't exactly what I expected, but I loved it! So did Jordan, which is pretty impressive. The cast was perfect and there is a lot of truth to be held with what they show about relationships, I even learned a few things. Make sure you make time to see this one, and coerce your hubby to watch too.

After the movie we headed over to Magleby's Fresh for lunch. Jordan actually used to work there, so we don't end up choosing it for our dates too often. There weren't many people there either, so it was a nice, quiet lunch. Their food is always divine, but they've also remodeled since we were last there and it looks really good! I wish we could've made it to breakfast for their awesome french toast, but we'll have to save that for another day.

We finished up the day at home in pj's watching movies, staying out of the cold and snow. It was such a perfect day and I'm glad we switched it up from previous years. At the end of the day, I was so happy that I was with Jordan and that I was not one of the girls in the movie waiting to see if he'd call me after our date. I'm just so lucky he's still into me!

5 comments:

Christina and Ryan said...

I'm really glad that you loved the movie! I loved it too but I am hearing from people (especially single girls) that they didn't like it very much. I guess they never had desperate girls like Gigi as friends like I did! My favorite part is the monologue about "who is caller ID helping anyway?"

Branden and Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment Jana, you are so nice!

Anonymous said...

I really think those are the best types of dates. Just relaxing with each other after an enjoyable, non-crowded afternoon. Makes you want to curl up with some ice-cream and some movies. Love it. By the way, I'm working on that letter for Ambre. How is she, by the way?

Benjamin and Mollie said...

Oh that is such a good idea! Ben usually plans our Valentines date like the night before so last year we had to eat dessert first and have dinner at like 9 pm. He acted like it was on purpose, lol. Thanks for the comment and yeah my birthmom found me a few months after we graduated high school and we've been in touch since then. Kinda crazy!

Eric and Kathleen said...

JANA!!! Okay, first of alll... I love that movie too. I went with Nicole and Stacey this weekend, at we had so much fun. Second, I didn't know Chelsea was getting married, and that Jord's bro came home from the mish. Fun weekend for the Hills, eh?!? She looked BEAUTIFUL in those pics. Wow, loved the dress!!! I feel like I haven't talked to you in such a long time. Hope everything is going good. Call me if ya ever get a sec!