Monday, September 22, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

This past weekend we got to go hike Timpanogos Cave. I've been wanting to take Jordan to do this for awhile so I was excited. I remember doing this with my family probably about 12 years ago so I barely remember it but it was fun. It was pouring rain when we got there and I was not very excited about that but luckily it stopped raining right when we started hiking. The boys were such troopers taking turns carrying the girls on their shoulders or backs, and although they are teeny girls it catches up with you on the steep hills! The cave was really neat, despite the somewhat cheesy guided tour but I guess it's their job. I'm not sure how much longer they are doing hikes but I would recommend it if you get the chance! Just prepare yourself for some soreness! I thought I'd been doing pretty good at working out but man, my muscles were not in shape, especially the buns! So make sure you get a nice warm up, and enjoy the beautiful fall colors!

Dad, Lauren, Ryan and Jana
Jordan and Drew

Lauren and Jana

Scott and Zoe
Ryan and Paige

The heart of Timpanogos Cave



Just some of the beautiful scenery

The gang!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Look at all these cool things you have to blog about...aren't you excited you have one?? I think I have been inspired to do this hike this weekend (pending weather). It sounds and looks like so much fun!

Beckey said...

Cute Vellinga family! Looks like you had fun. My parents too me on that hike when I was really little and I barely remember it. I do remember getting so tired I think my dad carried me the rest of the way!

Eric and Kathleen said...

Hey...fun!!! You are doing so good at this whole blogging thing Jana! Seeing those pics makes me miss Utah! It reminds me, that in normal places, it's not still 90 degrees outside in October. I bought some maternity jeans to wear to my shower, and I thought I might just die of a heat stroke. woof. I would love to talk sometime, sorry I've been a slacker, we really need to talk soon, I miss you!

Heidi A said...

Jana, Fun to connect with you, too!! I wish every one of our cousins had a blog! Anyway, glad to see things are going well for you guys.