Monday, August 25, 2008

BYU Education Week


This past Friday we got the opportunity to go to an all day session of classes for education week at BYU. I went early with my sister Erin and Jordan joined us later on. Erin had been talking me in to going with her for several months and I was somewhat hedging because my Fridays are precious! But I consented in the end, and it was very much worth it. I did feel a bit of an EFY flashback effect, but those were good memories too so I guess it's ok. Anyway, I really enjoyed it! The speakers were excellent and the subjects were great. I think my favorite class was by Dennis Deaton. He gave a class about the temple being a Liahona and Urim and Thummim and it was amazing. Another really good one was by Douglas Brinley about marriage and some things to make sure you are doing in your marriage to avoid future conflict. And he was so funny. If you ever run across a book by either person it would be well-worth your time. So it was a very successful day and if you ever get the chance to go, take it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana, I'm so happy that you have a blog now. Just be careful because you can become addicted like me!

The Sherman's said...

Hey Jana, it's your cuz Rebecca! I saw you blog linked through Travis and Beckie's. Glad you've joined the blogging world, now you just need to get all your sisters to do it too:) You and Jordan are so cute. Check us out at shermans2002.blogspot.com

randj said...

Jana! Hi how the heck are you? Every time I have gone to Kathleens blog I have wondered about you! You're down in Provo huh? That's cool. We should hang out sometime, that would be fun! What dentist office do you work at? We gotta find one we like down here...:)