Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bright Star


My sister, Erin, and I got to go see this last night. It is only at one theater in Salt Lake and one in Park City (at least here in Utah), so it was hard to find! This film was so beautifully done and the acting was incredible. It is about the poet John Keats, who I didn't know really anything about, so it was fun to learn a little bit about his life. I love period pieces so I was excited, especially for something new. It is more on the serious side, and kind of slow moving, so make sure you aren't tired to be able to fully appreciate it. And if you're anything like me, it will make you feel like couples and love are so lame nowadays compared to people like this...too bad we can't all have poetic relationships...

2 comments:

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

Amen to that last comment.

I am glad you blogged about this. I can always use another period piece, though my spouse might beg to differ. :) I will definitely see it, but I may have to wait for it to be on DVD.