Saturday, July 18, 2009

Six Flags, the 4th, and friends...Chicago Style

Our good friends, Bryce and Camille, moved to Chicago earlier this year. We were sad to have them leave, but knowing we'd be in Michigan this summer we made sure to plan a visit! It was a lot of fun to spend time with them and our weekend was jam-packed with fun activities, we wore ourselves out and had a great time.
We started out with Six Flags, where I've actually never been. We kinda cheated the system using the baby card and sneaking to the front of the line, but it only worked about half of the time. When it did work it was awesome and some of us got to ride those rides twice. I hadn't been on a rollercoaster in forever so the initial ride was a little rough for me but after that I was good to go for the rest of the day!
I had to capture Jord's hair after the rides...the picture doesn't truly do it justice.

We sat with Graham for one of the rides and we were trying to make him smile, this was the result. Ha ha we had so much fun with him, and despite what this picture suggests, he did like us!

Jord and Bryce on the Superman ride.

Pumped and ready to go!

The next day we headed to downtown Chicago, the weather was not as nice and we got rained on quite a bit but it was still a lot of fun.

Us in front of Portillo's for Chicago hot dogs, they were an adventure. Really good, but I didn't exactly include all the ingredients I was supposed to...oops. Sorry guys, onions and peppers will just never be my style.




It's hard to see but Camille and I are in front of the bean with an umbrella.

Me and Jord with our reflection in the bean, the weather was working against us on this one, but we did our best.

Us with the "Batman" building in the background.

Since it was rainig we drove to see some of the other sites, we hurried and jumped out of the car for this one, but sadly we still look like we'd spent the day in the rain!
After the sites we headed to the Science and Industry Museum. We didn't get to spend very much time in the museum itself, but we really enjoyed what we saw.

Jord with and old Ford car, he loves Ford...
The reason we went to the museum is because they had the Harry Potter exhibit there. I really wanted to go and everyone else was kind enough to come along. They did all enjoy it in the end. You couldn't take any pics inside so this is the only one we got. They had a lot of really neat stuff from the movies inside and it made me really excited to see the upcoming movie. Thanks again for letting me do this guys!

Sadly I missed pictures from a few things. A lot of our time in downtown Chicago was spent at the Taste of Chicago, which was a lot of fun and we got to try some fun, interesting foods. We also got some amazing Chicago pizza that night, while the pizza was good, the experience was unforgettable. The waitress was a treat, and wore her emotions right on her sleeve. I'm glad we made a new friend in Chicago that night. Come to think of it, we had a lot of interesting service on the trip, including the girl who misinformed us on just about everything at the museum and the guy who took our order at Baskin Robbins. Why do accents always make everything better? Anyway, we went to an excellent fireworks show in little Sleepy Hollow, but I neglected to take any pics there either, I think I was too busy pointing out lightning bugs to people who didn't believe me, and getting eaten alive by mosquitos.
The trip was wonderful and we were sad to leave and return to our responsibilites in Michigan. Thanks again for being such great friends and hosts, Warnings. Until next time!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I got to visit Chicago a couple years ago for a work trip. It is a fun town. I missed out on Six Flags though. I guess I will have to go again.

Eric and Kathleen said...

you guys always have so much fun! miss you tons. hope we get to see you soon. We might come to Utah in October. Would you be around?