Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Henry Ford

Jordan and I spent Saturday at the Henry Ford Museum. It was very different from what I expected. I'm usually pretty interested in museums in general, but I wasn't sure if I would care much about this one, but I was wrong! It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it. Along with the museum we went to the Rouge Factory where all of the cars are assembled, it was pretty cool too.
In front of one of the older Ford models at the Rouge.

If I remember right this was actually used by farmers, they had some intense equipment back then!

These cars were part of the "Rock n Roll Cars and Guitars" exhibit
This is a Buick Skylark, but I don't remember the year or who owned it, I just thought it was fun. And it was huge!


This was once owned by Elvis Presley, it is a Cadillac Eldorado

Rocky Nelson's car
These are some old dollhouses..I would have loved these when I was little





This is the chair that Abraham Lincoln was assasinated in.



The Wright Brothers first plane!


There was lots more to see, but as is standard with museums, we were moving faster the longer we were there so there weren't as many pictures getting taken toward the end. I really enjoyed it because it was very American and so I felt pretty proud to have lived in such an amazing place that has overcome so much. If you're ever in Michigan, this museum would for sure be worth your time.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

It looks like there was cool stuff there. Are you having fun in Michigan?

the hills said...

obv that chair devastates me but looks like a worthwhile museum. we went to a local museum the other day & i thought of my perfectly-paced-museum buddy & missed her. :)