Thursday, February 11, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Some of you may know that I am a fairly impatient person, ok that might be an understatement. I don't remember ever having patience for anything. So needless to say this is something I've been working on for most of my life. However, right now I am wearing thin; I feel like all I do is wait! I'm waiting for Jordan to graduate, waiting to see if he gets into grad school, waiting to see if he gets a job, waiting to finish my associates degree, waiting to leave our tiny apartment, waiting to see where we will live next, and on and on! The worst part for me is that there is not one thing I can do to hurry anything along, I am just at a stand-still. I realize most people have had periods of life like this, but my gosh I feel like I am the only one right now! So any tricks any of you have would be fabulous, since obviously none of this is in my control! Right now my current technique is watching mindless television like the Bachelor...always better to watch someone else's petty drama than to focus on your own, right?

11 comments:

Torey said...

Ah... There must be something good for you on the horizon. Hang in there. I know it's not fun (as someone who had to wait a while for her Mr. Right). The good news is that once things fall into place, all of this will sort of 'dissapear' and you won't feel any of the frustrations that currently bog you down.

Camille said...

It's no fun for sure. Patience is not a characteristic that I am even close to mastering (sometimes I don't even try!) Hope you get some answers soon and keep us all posted!

Josh Psillos said...

I know a trick...move to NY and leaves all your worries behind :) Not that that helps, but its a good idea.

Unknown said...

Jana, I went through the same thing! Everyone was doing and growing and moving and I was NOT DOING ANYTHING! Try this- I got involved in service. Try to volunteer your time make a difference in someone elses life since you can't control your own. I got involved in special olympics, food drives, and other community projects like collecting coats for kids who don't have one. Hang in there- pretty soon all those things will change and you'll want it all to slow down!

KristenMV said...

i understand how you fell!!!!

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gardners said...

You and I are in the same boat Jana. We are waiting till Kyle graduates in April and just waiting to see what will happen after. It's pretty exciting but yet hard to wait.

the hills said...

I'm jealous cuz I feel like you're at the end sometimes. Who knows, your next move could be your last, his first job could be his calling, etc, etc. I feel like I'm waiting for nothing and everything at the same time. I don't even know if I have anything TO wait for ugh. Bitter. Call and we can rant. :)

Eric and Kathleen said...

Ahhh! I feel the same way! at least you know your waiting will be done soon! Oh, and the bach...someone told me forever ago who wins, and I have been waiting waiting waiting for it to not be true, but I think it might be true, and I am not okay with it.

Cheryl P said...

Jana, the only thing I can give you is a different perspective. Today I will spend almost 5 hours in the car driving everyone else different places. I treasure moments that I can actually choose what I do. I know the waiting is hard but someday you will look back and smile at how different life can be. Soooo take a class, start a hobby, volunteer with kiddos, do something that is interesting to you (this does not include the Bachelor--ick!) Do something that your unique situation allows becuase things will change and you will then enjoy a completely different circumstance that will make this waiting and freedom seem like another life. Love you!!!!!

Yum Yucky said...

I remember when I was young and broke (as I'm currently older with just a few more pennies now).

I hated where I was at, but when I look back at it, there are times within those moments that I now cherish. But I didn't know they were cherishable moments until now. Geesh!

So I tell ya, ENJOY the people in your life and the joy they bring. That is what I cherish most about the 'ole crappy times.