Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A true favorite

Has anyone else ever had a moment where you remember how much you really love someone/something? I can't remember when my love for Les Miserables began, but I have loved it forever. I even remember getting tickets for Christmas one year when I was 15 to see it in Salt Lake; all my friends couldn't believe I was that excited for a play. Anyway, it's been a long time since I've seen the play or listened to the music and Jordan and I watched the movie the other day. Suddenly I just remembered how much I really love the story, the music, the book, everything! It really is amazing. So now that I've had the reminder, I have been listening to the soundtrack for days and loving every minute of it. I even thought about starting up the book again, but I have too many other books on my list at the moment so that will have to wait for another day. If you don't know the story or anything about it, it would be well-worth your time to learn. I think everyone could stand to be just a bit more like our hero Jean Valjean...

4 comments:

the hills said...

24601! it was totally my story growing up cause my middle name is cossette. aww. makes me nostalgic.

Lindsay said...

It is a great musical and a great book. I can understand your love for it. I was so young when I saw the musical, I know I probably didn't appreciate it properly!

Nisa and Colby said...

I love it too! I've never seen the musical before, except when LHS did it and they did a pretty good job, I want to see it so bad. Maybe someday I will. (Sigh)

McKenzie Ann said...

I love love love that play! I just listened to that whole soundtrack last month. Haha.